GFI System pedals are designed and assembled in Indonesia by Henry Widjaja with help from a small team of engineers and techies, including his long-time friend Yonas Darja and Yonas’ brother Jesse.
GFI started out in 2010 designing and building analog pedals and began taking the plunge into the realm of digital design by 2013.
GFI’s goal is to market innovative and exciting products that capture the hearts and imaginations of guitar players and musicians for many years to come.
History (in Henry’s words)
Yonas and I were already toying with the idea of starting a guitar-oriented tech company while we were studying in the U.S. back in 2003. The two of us spent more time talking & obsessing about guitars, effects, and music than we did studying for our exams!
My major was Electrical Engineering with specialization in Signal Processing, and my hobby was tearing pedals apart to learn how they worked – this combination was essential to forming my knowledge base of how sound was created.
However, our idea for an audio company took a back seat after graduation. We went back to Indonesia, worked 9-to-5 jobs and started families of our own. I went to work for an engineering company and then moved on to teach electrical engineering at a university. All along, our little dream never left my mind; I still loved to tinker with pedals & electronics.
While I've enjoyed working in an academic environment, I soon realized that I enjoyed my other activity much more, and so I took the plunge! I quit my job, bought an oscilloscope, a soldering station, a drill press, a big desk, and a whole bunch of parts – and thus GFI System was born.
|Shopping cart is empty.|
CABZEUS$329.00***OUT OF STOCK - EMAIL US TO GET ON THE WAIT LIST***
Cabzeus is a speaker / cabinet simulator + DI Box pedal, based on sophisticated algorithmic processing. Connected direct to your gears this device enables you to obtain the sound of a miked-guitar amp cabinet without the hassle of doing so. Extending this basic function, we’ve built into Cabzeus a plethora of unique and powerful features that goes beyond simple speaker simulations.
Cabzeus has 2 independent channels, each with its own input, thru, and output. Using a special software that we provide you can freely customize the simulation aspects (speaker type, cabinet type, mic placement, etc.) of each channel independently. To help you get the most of your stereo setup, we have also included powerful stereo processing functions such as :
- adding short delays (0.02 ms to 125 ms) to one of the channel
- blending two simulation channels
- independent volume and phase control
2 Operating Modes :
- Stereo Cabs : simulates the process of close-miking two independent speaker cabinets. Each simulator channel has its own extensive set of parameters, including speakers and cabinet type selections, mic-placement , blending, phase, and volume, offering rich and versatile simulation scenarios for both live and direct-recording applications.
- Stereo Mics : simulates the process of capturing the sound from a single speaker cabinet using two microphones, one mic is placed close to the speaker (close-mic) and the other is placed further back in the room (room-mic). An extensive set of controls offers flexible arrangements and powerful means to combine the two microphone signals into huge expansive stereo sounds.
Balance of Analog and Digital
Cabzeus uses advanced DSP processing techniques coupled with clean and robust analog circuit designs which ensures optimal operating headroom and absolutely minimal noise. Each algorithms has been painstakingly hand-crafted and tuned to achieve faithful emulation of popular and proven speakers and cabinets, we literally spent hundreds of hours analyzing speakers data and and equal amount of time reconstructing their responses through complex algorithms.
All the above mentioned algorithms customization schemes are performed in CabsLab software (free download), the results can then be stored as presets in Cabzeus. The presets (8 of them) can be called using the preset selector knob, an external switch, or a MIDI controller.
Speaker & Cab Selection
Speakers selections are organized into 4 classes : Guitar, Bass, Gears, and Miscellaneous.
Integrated DI Box
You can connect a wide range of input sources, ranging from your favorite stompboxes, preamps, your head amp's speaker out, to any music player (see Application Ideas). Its stereo balanced outputs are capable of driving long cables straight to mixing console or FOH speakers. These outputs are tolerant to phantom power, they will not be damaged by accidental application of phantom power.
- Compact, stereo Speaker / Cabinet simulator + DI Box
- 2 inputs - 2 thrus - 2 outputs (balanced or unbalanced)
- 8 Presets
- Input Pads : 0dB (unity), -20dB or -30dB
- Independent Mic Position controls
- Deep algorithms editing via CabsLab® software
- MIDI and External Switch Inputs for remote preset change
- Stereo headphone out with volume control
- Internal charge pump circuitry boosts 9V supply voltage to 18V for extended headroom
- Input impedance : 1 MOhm
- Output impedance : 300 Ohm
- Sampling rate : 48 KHz
- DAC / ADC resolution : 24 bits
- Current consumption : ~150 mA
- Weight : 0.6 Kg (1.2 lbs)
- Dimension : 12 (L) x 9 (W) x 5.5 (H) cm
- Power source requirement : 9VDC (negative center)